TFTP Server on Debian
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Setting up a TFTP server, in this topic, specifically for serving Asterisk phone configs, but really anything.
- Install tftpd-hpa
sudo apt-get install tftpd-hpa
- After install, edit the default config
nano /etc/default/tftpd-hpaand add
- --ipv4 forces the daemon to listen only on ipv4 addresses/interfaces
- --create enables the creation of files to be uploaded. Required for PolyCom phones to upload logs, configs and phonebooks
- The line should now look like this;
TFTP_OPTIONS="--secure --create --ipv4"
- Ensure that the directory named in the config as TFTP_ROOT exists and is owned by the tftp user.
sudo mkdir -p /srv/tftp
sudo chown -R tftp.tftp /srv/tftp
- Start the TFTP server
service tftpd-hpa restart
- Ensure no firewalls, gateways or other packet filtering setup is blocking UDP port 69. nmap can check this via the following:
nmap -vvv -sU -p 69 D.S.T.IP